Water Conservation Analyst
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$34.30 - $41.69
- Posted Date:07/18/2019 8:22 AM
WATER CONSERVATION ANALYST
Under general direction, perform a variety of office and field work duties to include preparing reports, data analysis, manage regulatory reporting requirements, preform water use surveys, and related work as assigned.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
Prepare reports, manage data, and make program recommendations. Effectively communicate and coordinate work with others. Represent the district in the community and at public and professional meetings, as required. This may include making presentations to various groups. Review and analyze reports and other documents for a variety of purposes. Provide staff assistance, to include technical and project management support on a variety of special projects. Develop and utilize data management and analytical tools. Comply with and enforce all District rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Possess strong computer application skills, including word processor, database, spreadsheets, GIS applications and other District software systems. Must have strong project management skills and have the ability to perform technical work of a complex nature. Ability to analyze complex, detailed information; prepare and maintain accurate records and files; perform and coordinate activities with coworkers, managers, other District departments, as well as outside agencies, consultants and customers; and prepare reports and correspondence.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Research and analyze trends in water conservation practices and programs.
- Perform indoor and outdoor water use audits.
- Analyze water audit results and make recommendations on behavioral and/or mechanical changes that can achieve increased water efficiency and water savings
- Troubleshoot water usage issues for customers
- Assist with various regulatory compliance reporting
- Write reports and make recommendations
- Maintain records
- Perform other assignments and special projects as needed
Possession of: Valid California driver’s license with good driving record as evidenced by freedom from multiple or serious traffic violations or accidents for at least two years duration.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities, is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities required would be:
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by college level course work or specialized training in water utility sciences or a related field. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. One year of field experience in water utility operations that provides familiarity with domestic, commercial, and landscape water conservation techniques is preferred. At least one year in customer service experience is preferred.
Desired Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Possession of a Water Conservation Practitioner certificate issued by AWWA within one year of hire.
Desired Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of American Water Works Association water conservation standards.
- Knowledge of California Urban Water Conservation Council water conservation best management practices.
- Knowledge of principals and practices of indoor and outdoor water audits for commercial and residential customers.
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods;
- Mental Alertness - necessary for safety during driving, traffic control, multiple, and activity coordination;
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction;
- Ability to retain and recall information;
- Ability to work independently and display creativity, exercise sound judgment, demonstrates initiative, and possesses excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; Collect and research data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Knowledge of multiple types of irrigation systems and how to analyze their efficiency.
- Knowledge of plant hydrozoning, soil types, and California friendly and native plants;
Ability to perform commercial and/or residential water audits. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. The employee is required to have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a District vehicle, computers and standard office machines such as fax, calculator, telephone, copiers, etc. Employee may occasionally be called upon to work overtime or odd schedules and travel out of town on over-night business trips.
- United States citizenship or legal eligibility to work in the United States.
- Medical evaluation and pre-employment physical and drug screening to determine physical fitness for the job.
- Acceptable driving record consistent with the standards established by the District.
- Participation in job training or professional development programs
Job Closing Date:
Position is open until filled; first review of applications will be at 8:00 a.m., Monday, August 12, 2019. You can download your application here and submit to: Casitas Municipal Water District, 1055 Ventura Avenue, Oak View, CA 93022 by personal delivery, mail or email to email@example.com