Distribution Operator II thru IV
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$28.45/hr. – $45.82/hr
- Posted Date:09/03/2019 2:37 PM
- Deadline to Apply:09/26/2019 4:30 PM
Distribution Operator II thru IV
$28.45/hr. – $45.82/hr. plus benefits
The District is located in the town of Oak View, 13 miles inland from Ventura. Casitas has 6,000 active service connections and serves a population of approximately 70,000 consumers from the west end of Ventura, through the Ojai Valley and along the Rincon coastal area. Its main source of water is Lake Casitas, which is operated as a recreational facility offering camping, boating, fishing, hiking, and a water park facility.
The Distribution Operator is responsible for performing routine tasks and duties related to the operation and maintenance of the district’s water distribution systems; including the installation, repair and maintenance of pipeline systems, service laterals, and related facilities along with the routine operation of the distribution system. Duties assumed will also include seasonal operation and maintenance of the district’s water diversion and fish passage facilities. Provides operational support to other departments as needed and performs other related work as required. Employees will assume shift operations and standby duties. One position is available at either a Level II, III or IV depending upon experience and qualifications.
Knowledge of the principles, methods, equipment, materials and tools utilized in the construction, installation, and maintenance of water distribution facilities including the ability to operate heavy equipment in a safe manner. Graduation from high school and two or more years’ experience in water utility maintenance and construction work. Possession of a valid CA Grade II or higher Water Distribution Operator Certificate and a valid California Class A driver’s license. Basic computer skills including the ability to utilize word processing, email and internet. Ability to follow oral and written instructions and establish and maintain effective relationships with others. Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time; carry, push, pull, reach or lift materials or supplies weighing up to 60 pounds; stoop, kneel and bend during routine work; hearing and vision within normal ranges; follow written and oral safety practices and policies of the District. Must be willing to work overtime as needed during emergency conditions, which may include nights, weekends and holidays in a continuous (24/7) operations environment; must be willing to participate in the standby schedule for emergency callback response.
- Medical Insurance: Casitas offers a choice of three health insurance plans through the Association of California Water Agencies Joint Powers Insurance Authority.
- Dental Insurance: The District provides dental insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Life Insurance: Life insurance coverage is provided and paid for by the District.
- Vision Coverage: The District provides vision care for employees.
- Vacation: Accrues at the rate of 8 hours per month; increasing with length of service.
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays
- Sick Leave: Accrues at the rate of eight hours per month
- Deferred Compensation Plan: Employees may voluntarily elect to defer a percentage of their salary on a pre-tax basis for investment purposes. The District has two Deferred Compensation Plans to choose from.
- Retirement: Membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS): Under the Public Employees’ Pension Reform Act, employees meeting the definition of “New Members” will be enrolled in the 2% at 62 Plan. Employees meeting the definition of “Classic Members” will be enrolled in the 2% at 60 Plan. Employees also participate in Federal Social Security.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Employees have the opportunity to participate in Flexible Spending Accounts for pre-tax dependent daycare and unreimbursed medical expenses.
- Supplemental Benefits: Employees have the opportunity to purchase supplemental benefits via payroll deduction from Aflac.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please submit your resume and application by mail, in-person or via email to:
Attn: Diana Impeartrice
Casitas Municipal Water District
1055 Ventura Avenue
Oak View, CA 93022
The District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.